Thursday, March 3, 2011

really!? that's fantastic...!

 {via}

Today was my first full day volunteering at the Primary School.
As so often is the case of starting something/somewhere new, particularly, I've found, teaching, my brain is fried.
We didn't make it to the gym tonight. Too tired.
But I have many education-things I want to write, which I've managed to scribble on a bit of paper.
Needless to say, I spent the afternoon with 'prep' kids, which are the 4-5-6 year olds in their very first year of school, who are learning their ABCs and still have velcro shoes because they don't tie shoelaces yet (and STILL ask me for help getting their shoes on), and with whom it doesn't matter if they do their art a different way- it's not wrong, there is no wrong, because it's art, and who still love, and get excited about story time.
And as exhausted as I am, and as sick of being enthusiastic about every little thing, and as old as the "oh my! is there a spider on my back!?" game, every time they decided to try and 'trick' me by making spiders with their hands, we had fun. And, hello, when was the last time anyone remembers school being fun???
But more about that tomorrow, it's time for bed.

{via}

No comments:

Post a Comment