Here's my vision so far (subject to change):
- An outdoor ceremony, and nothing too fancy (ie: no chair covers or those flower pom-pom things down the sides of the aisles, etc.)
- Ring-warming ceremony.
- Hand-written (is that the right terminology?) vows.
- A marquee
- Casual, fun, light reception.
- Maybe some games, or a camp fire.
- Non-matchy bridesmaids. The potential for bridesmen, and groomswomen.
- Nic possibly wearing converse shoes.
- No veil.
- Not being 'given away' by my father, but maybe having a father-daughter dance.
- Honeymoon registry instead of gifts.
- A beautiful location outdoors, maybe with trees, a river, or fields... we don't know where this is yet!
- Multiple 'wedding pies'.
- Perhaps a weekend long thing, with a walk/hike somewhere in there.
- A first look -before- the aisle.
- Mallei as a 'flower beast' or ring bearing dog, or both.
- 'Yay' flags for guests.
- A wedding on a budget, trying to not get caught up in details or trying to 'prettify' everything just for the sake of it.
- A very organic feel, letting the 'colours' come from using woods, leaves, etc.
This is what I'm currently drooling over:
|Blue box elder wood, titanium bands. GORGEOUS! The maker writes that it reminds them of looking down at planet earth.|
I am crazy-in-love with this dress by Wai Ching.
A hat for Nic:
Some ceremony words:
“To love very much is to love inadequately: We love- That is all. Love cannot be modified without being nullified. Love is a short word but it contains everything. Love means the body, the soul, the life, the entire being. We feel love as we feel the warmth of our blood, we breathe love as we breathe the air, we hold it in ourselves as we hold our thoughts. Nothing more exists for us. Love is not a word. It is a wordless state indicated by four letters.” (Guy de Maupassant)-Taken from Mr. & Marissa
Possible ring exchange words:
This is the point in the ceremony when people talk about the wedding bands being a perfect circle, having no beginning and no end. But we all know that these rings have a beginning. Rock is dug up from the earth. Metals are liquefied in a furnace at a thousand degrees. The hot metal is forged, cooled, and then painstakingly polished. Something beautiful made from raw elements.
Love is like that. It comes from humble beginnings, made by imperfect beings. It is the process of making something beautiful where there was once nothing at all.
I'll post more as they come, or as my ideas shift and change.