Friday, January 14, 2011

here I am with nothing to say...

I asked Nic for some ideas for blog posts this morning and he wasn't particularly helpful.

I've just recently become addicted to Hyperbole and a Half, which is a little unfortunate since there haven't been any updates in a while, but considering it makes me laugh to the point of having to stop reading while I'm at work, I figure it's worth the wait. Seriously, I'd read, and have to change the page so I stopped laughing unless people walked past and thought I was a weirdo for having a giggle-session at work.
That being said, the blog is so brilliant that it makes me feel like mine is a pile of piss. Or mud. Or something equally insignificant and unpleasant.
Well, not unpleasant, that's a little unfair.
But, well, unimportant.
Which it is. (Oh, woe is me, boo hoo).

But I can't be anything other than myself, and if myself involves talking about vague wedding plans in the future, or bitching about my mother, or telling lame stories about Nic, then so be it. But maybe I need more about our cooking (like the super-fricken-fantastic nut/granola bars that we made last week that I SHOULD post about because I couldn't find any recipes I liked when I googled 'nut bars' so I just threw a whole lot of crap together, and now have to restrain myself from gorging myself on them because OMFG they're so good but made out of nuts and seeds so super calorie-heavy, but in an awesomely kick-your-ass-store-bought-granola-bar kind of way)...

AND I should post more about our garden because we're soon to be inundated with a bazillion mini tomatoes, but I still can't grow anything in the garden bed from seeds. WTF is wrong with me there? Plus we've been eating a tasy, tasy raspberry every other day and omg it's amazing and nothing from the supermarket will ever compare.

And when I'm back at Uni you can hear about that. And about education (oh boring), and maybe a bit about getting fit again. Maybe I'll make that part interesting and enter some sort of competition and have to train. Oh, trials and tribulations ahead!

But it'll still just be a blog about me. And my family, pets included. I suppose that's all I can do! And since I've drawn a wedding dress that I like, I don't feel the need to look at them at the moment (BIG STEP! Even when I found ones I liked I'd keep looking, but I feel "at peace" with my current design)...so I won't talk about that. As we get closer to the actual date though, I'm sure more drama will come up.

I based my drawing on this dress from Etsy seller yourfairytalewedding
Short and Sweet Chiffon Bridal Gown (Full Length Variation)Short and Sweet Chiffon Bridal Gown (Full Length Variation)


And when I say I 'based it' on this dress, I mean, I like the softness of the ruching on the bodice, but want to change the bodice. I added some embroidery, and also like how the skirt falls straight down, and how it falls, but would have a dropped waist, and get rid of that white ribbon. So there are very small aspects of that dress that I like (ie, I'm not ripping it off), but it's the closest I've found to my 'vision'.

No comments:

Post a Comment